Angry Tundra: see first posting March 2008

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Summer exhibition and new ideas


And yet an other exhibition. Same place as last year, in the old Barabara church in Culemborg. Lovely place to hang a large painting, but for me again with mixed feelings. My work is about 4 billion years of evolution and the rate at which we are destroying it. I know that many modern christians accept the idea of evolution, more or less. But my feeling is that I am showing sacriligeous images in somebody's house of God. Just have a look at the contrast:
At the moment I'm working on a new set of paintings. From reactions of other artists (in particular) I get the idea my message is not coming across, or is maybe the message is not personal enough. I'm not sure if I really understand my critics or if I should listen to their well meant advice. If you as a follower of my blog would like to contribute to the discussion: be my guest and comment (or send me an e-mail if you prefer). I'm going to try a new approach anyway. The central theme for my next paintings will be the concept of the ecological (or carbon) footprint. Of course Google Earth will still be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment